1.30.2010

The dreaded waiting...

I am due to receive my invitation kit end of next week. Until then I am left up to my own guessworks as to what my placement country will be. I have be researching statistics such as departures by month and percentage of assignments for each country to come to some sort of educated guess. One thing I am pretty sure about is that I will be in Africa doing environmental education since I kind of pref'ed for that region at the last minute with my placement officer. And given that my only exposure to anything French was my 4-day stay in Paris and saying the words 'pâté' and 'bidet' (not very often), I will most likely not end up in Francophone West Africa.
My heart palpitates every moment I think about what is coming. I feel that from here on out, it is going to be like this for every step of the way. This is the hurdle that will teach me what I am made up, what I can offer, and what I still need to learn. Merci!

Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti & Spearhead

2 comments:

Disclaimer:

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.