The more people ask me of my thoughts on going to Ghana, the more I want to not think too much about it. Literally every conversation I have leads to talks of Peace Corps and Ghana and I find myself shrugging nonchalantly to their questions. I appreciate their curiosity but truth is, I am not even there yet so what do I know? It is kind of funny and kind of scary; I have heard returned PCVs joke about how long they can have a conversation with someone without mentioning that they were PC volunteers. True, the experience itself will play a big role in our lives. But it should not define us either.
Otherwise, Spring is finally here. Sunshine, sweets, and new love has set my soul aglow.
::Swigs from jug of backyard maple syrup::
Life is idyllic.
Me Gustas Tu - Manu Chao
Disclaimer:
The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.
No comments:
Post a Comment