7.11.2010

Ghana has more potholes than roads

After traveling 12 hours yesterday, I am utilizing internet access to its fullness at the Tamale sub-office.

Glimpse of unpaved roads in Ghana during rainy season. That tree is planted as a warning sign.

Got to scope out the digs during site visit. This subpar picture is taken from my bathroom. I will have two rooms where that clothes line is strung in a compound on the outskirts of town. Yes, that is a satellite dish.

I was taken around town to be introduced to the schools and people I will be working with. These kids are part of a leadership club. They recited me a poem and sung me a welcome song.

Environment group picture taken at the Ambassador's reception couple of weeks ago. Credit to Francesa!

For those interested in mailing me letters/packages (which is all of you right?), it takes at least a month for things to arrive. Concerning price, what I would recommend is picking the lesser of the two options of a flat rate or by weight. I am not missing anything in particular but sauce packets, spices, and sweets (that are individually wrapped!) are highly appreciated :):). Also maybe some pens. And bubbles. Kids love bubbles. Address is on the left side bar!



XOXO

June on the West Coast - Bright Eyes

2 comments:

Jonah Lang said...

there's that smile. try standing a little closer next time.

Fanny said...

Hey cousin!

Looks like you got yourself a sexy tan. =) I'll tell the family you said hi and show them pics from your blog. Take care of yourself and have a great time!

Disclaimer:

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.