Yours truly have been as busy as a bee since coming back to Kpassa from In-Service Training in Kumasi and Thanksgiving in Accra. Organizing an event is no easy task here but we managed to pull through with our HIV/AIDS Awareness program on Dec. 2nd in honor of World AIDS Day on the 1st. Below are pictures of the HIV/AIDS morning march we organized through Kpassa with the help of JHS students from 4 of the Leadership Clubs. We drove them for over an hour through the entire town singing their HIV/AIDS song and rewarded them with minerals (What soda is called here. It's not just soda versus pop anymore, kids) at the end. Don't they look spiffy in their school uniforms? They make my heart proud.








So that was the morning event. In the evening, we hosted a HIV/AIDS presentation with the help of some nurses, gave out some condoms, and showed short drama films concerning HIV/AIDS on a projector.




Did I mention how awesome a projector is? Takes me back to college. Since I have it rented out for a week, I have been hosting movie nights featuring Planet Earth episodes with some of the kids and boy, does it blow their cute minds. I am going to try and raise money to buy a projector for my NGO. If you are someone with a thousand dollars lying around ready for a good cause, let me know.
Anyway, it's getting too hot to blog anymore and my brain is fried from watching too much True Blood. I'm going to keep on living and not eat too much sand. Chin up, boys and girls.
2 comments:
Kaming! Amazing! If I had a thousand dollars, I'd buy you a projector (although you can get it for a bit cheaper these days...I'd probably get you two).
YAY Kpasa! Sorry I missed it, GOOD WORK SUPER PVC!!!
Post a Comment