1.30.2011

Two questions. One: What is it? Two: Can I eat it?

Having (almost) unlimited access to the internet via personal modem instead of at an internet cafe is just as stressful. I'm not exactly sure where to begin. I guess I can always catch up on my webcomics :) Buttersafe - The Door.

Not sure if I had mentioned this before but my new year's resolution is to cook more and chop less. (Ghanaian-English Dictionary - chop v. to enjoy dining at a food stand runned by your local Ghanaian lady. n. take-away.) This is due in part to inspirations from my neighboring PCV friends and the new addition of a toaster oven to my soon-to-be 5-star kitchen. Ooooooh baby. And so far, I have not gotten sick nor killed anyone with my cooking yet.

Anyway, I got a butt-load of pictures from the PEPFAR-sponsored HIV/AIDS workshop but sadly most of them turned out to be blurry. Here is a group picture on the last day of the workshop in Kpassa:


And here is a Secondary School girl carrying a toy Triceratops on her head, very nonchalantly. I asked her what it was and she told me it was an elephant. Someone please give me a copy of Jurassic Park so I can blow their minds.


So what's next on my agenda? Getting some trees in the ground, mates. I'm going to fill out a SPA grant to get a tree nursery (Baby trees, aww!) started in Kpassa. I should get this done asap because the seedlings need at least 2 months to nurse before transplanting in the rainy season (May-ish).

Anyway, I'll be hopping down to Accra next week to help out the National Spelling Bee and to get my flu shot. Awesomely enough, it will also be Superbowl weekend! Perfect timing.

Apeman - The Kinks

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You take cute pics Kaming, I hope you don't miss me too much over in Africa. When you get back to the states, you can check out my new blog: http://www.katsfabfreebies.blogspot.com/ and sign up for loads of free stuff. I don't think you could do it now because I doubt they'll ship to Ghana. lol. Miss you lots! ~K

Disclaimer:

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.