2.25.2011

You know you are a PCV in Africa when ... #1-12


1. You take pride in how long your beard has grown and how "rugged" you look.
2. You know bugs in your food will be extra protein.
3. You only buy clothes that are easy to hand wash.
4. You pack more toilet paper than underwear when travelling.
5. You can identify individual children by their underwear.
6. You are okay with children openly defecating, but wishes they would not stare at you while doing so.
7. You burn or hide your trash not because of sanitary reasons, but because you don’t want the children to know what you are eating.
8. You will stay indoors until the sun goes down and sneak out at night to avoid greeting people.
9. You wonder what color your poop will be today.
10. You forget which side of the road you were taught to be on (the right).
11. You are proud of how little water you use in your bucket shower by conserving at site, but take hour-long hot showers at an ex-pat’s.
12. You are afraid of your latrine between 11 am – 5 pm because of the flies.

I'm opening an IHOP at my house, not because I really like pancakes but because I have a ton of flour asking to be infested by weevils. Spellers in the Kpassa Spelling Bee did not compare to the Spellers at the Ghana National Spelling Bee but the students gave it their best. Pictures coming soon! But I need a vacation first.

Oh and I had cheetos at the Superbowl in the US Embassy. CHEETOS!

Monster [feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver] - Kanye West

1 comment:

Rosie B. said...

ha ha you are awesome. those were all spot on.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.